Online Marketing and Communications Liaison
Norlha Textiles is a social enterprise whose mission is to bring beautifully hand-woven yak wool products from the Tibetan Plateau to the world, all while empowering the lives of former nomads and Tibetan communities.
Norlha is looking for a creative, technically savvy, fashion-oriented marketing and communications liaison to help Norlha bring its products, stories, and mission to life online.
This person will work on-site in Ritoma village on the Tibetan Plateau, directly with the Founder, CEO, Sales Manager, and eCommerce Manager, and indirectly with a number of Norlha's local management staff.
- Experience with online marketing and understands the dynamics of fashion marketing
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, LightRoom) with the ability to touch up pictures, make GIFs, etc.
- Works extremely well in a team from various backgrounds, who takes initiative, communicates clearly, has an open mind, and has the ability to take constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Possesses a trained eye for creative design, being able to see the potential marketing strategy in a collection of products or stories
- Possesses a proficient commercial sense, with their finger on the pulse of the fashion industry
- Experience with promoting a brand within the framework of a defined mission and strategy
- Puts the mission of the team and brand before the self, with the goal of making high quality products and transforming lives
- Enjoys being hands on and involved
- Creative writing experience
- Enjoys life in a remote village with different cultures
- Studio photography experience
- Assist with Norlha's photo-shoots
- Assist with managing Norlha's photo archives
- Assist with Norlha’s photo-editing process and touch-ups
- Photo, GIF, and video creation
- Develop marketing materials
- Assist with Norlha's online marketing and communication strategies, including social media
- Market research and analysis
- Ensure materials and content are marketed in an efficient and optimized manner for products, collections, website, blog and social media posts, following Norlha's 2017 marketing schedule
- Capture life and moments at Norlha, in Ritoma Village, and on the Plateau, both past and present, and communicate these authentically and in a manner that’s relevant with the time/context
- 9 months; mid-March to mid-December 2017
- Accommodation in Norlha's modern guesthouse in Ritoma village, adjacent Norlha's atelier. Private room with private bathroom (Western showers and toilets). Wifi. Daily housekeeping.
- All meals
- Round-trip Airfare
- $500USD/month stipend
Interested candidates please email and submit resume to email@example.com